Scarlet Mist is Back!
Written on Mon 22 Jun 2015
Monday 22nd June 2015
We are overjoyed to announce that Scarlet Mist, the ethical face-value ticket exchange for gigs and festivals, has been relaunched. Three saviours have helped to get the site back online, and just in time for the summer festivals.
Scarlet Mist provides a free service for music fans with spare tickets for an event. It lets people trade tickets with one another at face value or less. It represents a community that resents ticket touts, a community that believes in collaboration and mutual help, and a community that campaigns and seeks change in the law to prevent profiteering and greed.
The four-strong team have relaunched the site as quickly as possible. A full rebuild and a redesign is planned. The team consists of:-
• Peter Main, a business consultant in finance and also director of a not-for-profit children’s community nursery.
• Mark Vick, a web developer with twenty years experience - a man of ethics who was actively involved with the Hackney housing cooperative movement back in the day. He is a keen guitar player and has played in a number of bands over the years.
• Niall Barclay, by day a structural engineer, pays the bills, but by night, his real passion is live music. He attended 15 gigs last month and with a projected figure of 100 gigs for this year alone, much of Niall’s time is spent in the battle to secure tickets, often, in the past, with the help of Scarlet Mist. Niall has strongly held views on ticket “resale” sites and profiteering at music fans’ expense - views that aren’t suitable to be expressed in polite company!
• Richard Marks, who founded the site in 2004, and works as a hospital doctor. Richard is passionate and enthusiastic about everything that Scarlet Mist stands for.
Scarlet Mist brings members of the community together, but right now we need to inform the community that we are back. Please help spread the news in any way that you can.
Welcome back to the Mist.
Comments on 'Scarlet Mist is Back!'
- We have received (20) comments
- You can add another comment below.
- If you like this then please share it on Facebook, Google+ or Twitter
- Or you can return to the main Blog page