Why we are unable to post football ticket alerts.
Written on Thu 26 Nov 2015
Recently Scarlet Mist received a request to set up an event alert for a Liverpool Football Club European tie. We had to decline this request but thought it would be fair to explain why we had to do this.
In the UK the resale of football tickets is illegal under section 166 of The Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 unless the resale is authorized by the organiser of the match. This restriction was introduced by the Government to prevent hooliganism. By working with the Premier League clubs to obtain official authorization, some clubs have set up partnerships with resale companies. Other than in the case of football tickets, there is no legal restriction against reselling tickets in the UK
The following three pieces of legislation deal specifically with ticket touting or resale for football matches:
• Section 166 of The Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1994/33/contents
• Section 53 of The Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/section/53
• The Ticket Touting (Designation of Football Matches) Order 2007 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007/790/contents/made
Comments on 'Why we are unable to post football ticket alerts.'
- We have received (1) comments
- You can add another comment below.
- If you like this then please share it on Facebook, Google+ or Twitter
- Or you can return to the main Blog page