Reading Ticket Touts to be Banned
Written on Sat 02 Mar 2013
Three cheers for Reading Council! The ‘Reading Borough Council Act’ was passed by Parliament, and has given them new powers for the better control of street trading and touting.
The main powers that the Act will give them are:-
- Allowing the Council to regulate services offered on the street
- Empowering council officers, the police and community support officers to seize goods and equipment when they believe a street trading offence has been committed
- Empowering courts to order the forfeiture of such goods and equipment
- Allowing the council to regulate touting
- Enabling council officers, the police and community support officers to serve fixed penalty notices for street trading offences.
Scarlet Mist is delighted to see that the Council has succeeded with getting this legislation passed.
You can read more about the Act here
Comments on 'Reading Ticket Touts to be Banned'
- We have received (1) comments
- You can add another comment below.
- If you like this then please share it on Facebook, Google+ or Twitter
- Or you can return to the main Blog page